Heart Disease Prevention
The Oakwood Center for Heart and Vascular Services is a strong advocate of heart disease prevention, offering patient education classes and vascular screenings throughout the communities we serve. Topics include:
• High blood pressure
• Diabetes education
• Weight loss
• Smoking cessation
• Stress management
• Heart-healthy nutrition
• Annual Women’s Heart Advantage Conference (sponsored by a grant from Ford Motor Co.)
• Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
• Venous disease, including deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
• The warning signs of stroke
• Living with congestive heart failure
• AICD (automatic implantable cardioverter-defibrillator) Support Group
Oakwood Diabetes Services is approved by the Michigan Department of Community Health* and the American Diabetes Association. We will work with your primary care provider to plan diabetes care and educational services that will help you to learn to manage your diabetes and control your blood sugar levels.
To schedule an appointment with the Oakwood Diabetes Clinic, call 800.543.WELL.
To obtain your glucose meter and diabetes supplies, call Oakwood Home Medical Equipment at 800.752.2273.