"Through CAP I’ve been able to do so much on my unit. By educating my peers and myself it has opened so any doors for us as a unit."
The Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) recognizes and rewards nurses who strive for excellence in enhancing patient care while demonstrating a firm commitment to the nursing profession. Through this program, our nurses are provided an amazing opportunity for career development and advancement in their chosen area of practice.
Objectives of the program include:
- Recognize and reward Clinical Nurses for expertise in clinical practice
- Recruit and retain Clinical Nurses in clinical practice
- Enhance personal growth and satisfaction of Clinical Nurses
- Promote the ongoing professional development of Clinical Nurses
- Provide for formal advancement of Clinical Nurses who practice at the bedside
- Provide variety and diversity in clinical practice options for Clinical Nurses
- Create an environment that promotes a high level of quality patient and family care