How can Oakwood assist you?
Ask an OakAssist Financial Advisor!
We understand that when you need hospital care, worrying about the financial responsibility can add additional stress. If you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover all of the costs, there may be other options to assist you.
You can call and speak with an advisor to discuss the options that better fit your needs. The staff of Financial Advisors are here to help you every step of the way. 313.593.7136
Other Coverage Plans
- COBRA: If recently unemployed and health insurance was not retained, you may still be eligible for coverage
- Victims of Crime: State assistance may be applicable
- Auto Insurance: If hospital stay is related to an auto incident you may be covered, or if you were a passenger with an uninsured driver, State covered Auto Claims may be applicable (Assigned claims through the State may take effect.)
- Liability Coverage: For accidents may be available
An OakAssist Advisor can help determine if you are eligible for any of the coverages listed above. Please call 313.593.7136 to request assistance.
- Discounts and Payment Plans: To determine your options
- Prior to your healthcare service, call an Advisor at 313.593.7136
- If you have already received a bill, call Patient Accounting at 800.858.9503
- Payment methods:
- On-line payment bill payment — Credit Card/E-Check
- Mail – with a copy of your statement—Credit Card, Check
- Phone—Credit Card, E-Check. Call 800.858.9503
(Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express)
Charity Care is provided to patients who are in need of health care services but cannot afford to pay for that care and may have a significant financial burden as a result of the amount they are expected to pay.
Partial and/or full charity care is based on the individual’s ability to pay and upon meeting certain income eligibility criteria as established by the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines where no significant assets exist and the patient is not eligible for coverage from a third party.
Our financial advisors at OakAssist are here to help determine if a patient is eligible for Medicaid and provide assistance with the application process. If you believe you may be eligible, the “Medicaid Eligibility At a Glance” document may help you determine if this is an option for you.
Oakwood accepts many insurance plans. The list is not complete. If you do not see your plan listed, please contact your insurance provider.
Oakwood offers health care options to community members who are in financial need. Learn more.